EXPLANATORY NOTES FOR THE WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT, WHERE SUCH AGREEMENT IS IN FAVOUR OF THE PROVIDER OF SERVICES (THE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR)
This is a very robust agreement for use by smmes (or any other entity for that matter), that PROVIDE website development services. It is an agreement that is fair and equitable to both parties, but is also one that is structured to protect the rights of the independent contractor, i.e. the entity providing the website development services.
Note that this agreement can only be used where the receiver of services does not constitute a “consumer” in terms of the Consumer Protection Act. i.e the receiver MUST BE a juristic entity with a turnover or asset value equal to, or more than R2m at the time of the transaction.
Note: we will shortly make available agreements that regulate transactions that fall under the Consumer Protection Act. This agreement is for transactions that DO NOT fall under the Consumer Protection Act. Always make certain that the receiver of services under this agreement is neither a juristic person with assets or a turnover UNDER R2m, nor a natural person.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are the party that REQUIRES website development services to be provided to it, then you must purchase the agreement titled “Website Development Services Agreement-Receiver“, as that is more protective of your rights
HOWEVER: If you are the party PROVIDING the website development services, then this is the correct agreement for you to use, as it is more protective of your rights
This WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT- PROVIDER:
- is legally substantive (10 pages in total); please feel free to look at the explanatory notes below and compare the substance of this agreement to others for sale elsewhere;
- is bordered;
- has pages numbered;
- is fully justified;
- is typed up using Tahoma font, size 10;
- has been meticulously spell-checked;
- is extremely professional in its appearance;
- has several drafting notes therein to guide a legal practitioner;
- can be printed onto 10 A4 pages. (In the interests of the environment, it is suggested that the agreement rather be printed back to back on 5 pages.).
This WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT-PROVIDER contains the following clauses:
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- APPOINTMENT AND RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PARTIES
- BBBEE STATUS
- GOOD FAITH
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- CESSION AND ASSIGNMENT
- THE COMPANY WARRANTIES AND UNDERTAKINGS
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR WARRANTIES AND UNDERTAKINGS
- FORCE MAJEURE
- DOMICILIUM AND NOTICES
APPENDIX 1: DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED, FREQUENCY, SERVICE LEVELS, ETC
Please read carefully through the agreement and fill in all missing details; in preparing a signature document, please have regard to all the notes we have placed hereon to assist you with the conclusion of a professional, legally binding agreement.
Constructive feedback concerning this agreement is welcomed.
Unit Price R 550.00